CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Elf Has Arrived................

And his name is: Bernard!! I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the "Elf on the Shelf", but Santa sent us one and he arrived here yesterday. The whole concept is absolutely precious. Santa sends him to live with your family after the Thanksgiving Holiday and he sits quietly on a shelf all day and listens / watches the kids and then travels back to the north pole every night to report to Santa whether the kids have been good or bad. He returns before the kids wake up the next morning and he is in a new spot. The kids have to try to find him every morning. The most important rule is that the elf cannot be touched or held by children because that could cause him to lose his "magic". Anyways, it is really cute and my kids are loving it so far. I am sure I will have some really cute stories to share as the days go by. If you haven't heard of this before, check the website. That is where I ordered mine. http://www.elfontheshelf.com/

Please keep Kaylee in your prayers. We found out today that her eardrum did in fact rupture. They gave her antibiotic ear drops and changed her oral antibiotic to something stronger. She had some pretty intense pain tonight. We hope she gets to feeling better soon. She doesn't want to miss her cheerleading competition in Gatlinburg this weekend, but we have told her we will just have to see.

3 comments:

Bama Belle said...

Oh goodness, I just posted a few days ago about our elf! I think I even named the post the same LOL Great minds huh? Anyway, we are praying for Kaylee, bless her heart! I would think that jumping would be hard on that ear drum. I hope she is well enough to go. Goodness knows she is the cutest one out there!
Tell Bernard to do a great job and take good notes!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I've bever heard of an magical elf before. Hopefully your kids are being extra sweet!

hi im katy welcome to my blog said...

hey aunt julie its katy i miss yall sooooo much cant wait to see u