CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

V.I.R.U.S!!!!!!

Yes that would be stomach virus!!! Tyler and I woke up at around 4:30 a.m. Saturday with nausea, vomiting and EVERYTHING else that goes along with a stomach bug. We were spending the night with some of our out of town friends when it hit us. My poor husband had to juggle Tyler and I while gathering all of our belongings, waking Kaylee up to get her in the car and not wake up our friends 3 sleeping children!! Don't forget it is now only 5:00 a.m.!! He did a great job. He got us home around 7:00 a.m. called his mom to come get Kaylee and proceeded to do laundry and clean out the car seat that Tyler puked in on the way home!! Tyler's "bug" only lasted for about 3/4 of the day Saturday but mine lasted much longer. I was finally able to get out of bed yesterday and by today I felt like a new person!! I am so thankful he took such good care of us. What I didn't know was that I would soon be returning the favor. Yes, he ended up getting it also. My fingers are crossed as I type this. I am just hoping the 3 of us are well and back to normal tomorrow.

As for Kaylee, her Gram took her to the Doctor Sunday afternoon with an ear ache. The Dr. said it was an ear infection but the tube had just recently fallen out and left a "large" hole in her drum. He said this wasn't uncommon but to have it re-checked in 4 weeks. No problem right? WRONG!! Her ear is now pouring green stuff out of it and she screams in pain if her shirt or anything even slightly brushes up against it. I am really afraid something is really wrong. This child has had tons of ear infections and never anything draining from her ear and she has never had any kind of pain.

Needless to say, we are headed back to the Doctor tomorrow to have them check not only Kaylee's ear but also Tyler's. He told me tonight he needed a band aid for his ear. I realize he is only 2, but the other times he has said that, we have left the Doctor's office with a diagnosis of an ear infection.

Illness would never be good timing, but let me just mention we are supposed to be leaving for Gatlinburg, TN Friday. Kaylee has her first cheerleading competition this weekend!! What am I going to do?

I am learning more and more every day that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I just feel like he thinks I can handle more than I really can. :o)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly. I hope you guys are washing your hands a lot and using lots of bleach to kill all the germs floating around your house. I'll say a prayer that everyone has a quick recovery!