CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Daddy's Blog For The Day

As many of you know Julie has been gone on an Emmaus walk this weekend and I have had the kids for 4 days. It has been awesome. We have had so much fun and the kids have been great.

Today was the "Big Day." Today was Kaylee's First Flight and I could have never been so proud of her. I must say that today my "Little One" grew up and I had to let her go. She did fantastic and smiled so big. I am going to post the video from today. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Our day started at 10:30 with her make up and hair being done. Thank God for Coach Dylan. Without her today I might have never made it. We had pictures at 11:00 (I had to make a decision on what package to get, that was not as easy as one might think) and warm up at 2:00PM and the show started at 3:00. We had another treat today as our niece Jordan also performed and she and her squad were awesome as well.

We ended the day at Red Robin with our gang, Bryan, Paige, Charles, Lindsey and all our kids. Other than a couple of kids meals at dinner, there was only one other thing missing and it was Julie. Believe it or not my little Texas tornado, better know as Tyler sat in his chair and acted like an angel.

Julie, we missed you so much this weekend but we know you had an awesome weekend as well. You are a fantastic Mom and wife. We cannot wait to see and hear all about your experience this weekend. Although I am not sure I am ready for another 4 days without you or your phone.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me this weekend especially Gram and Poppy. We never say thank you enough but THANK YOU so much.

Shane


That was just a short message from Kaylee before her routine. She just wanted her Mom to know she was thinking of her.







6 comments:

Bama Belle said...

I always knew you were just a big tease. I had my heart set on watching the video. I know there was no cuter cheerleader in the building and no prouder a Daddy. Hope Julie had a fantastic weekend!
Oh and Shane, your not a bad Daddy, husband, and friend yourself!
Ya'll are a blessing to our lives and we thank God for putting you in them.
Hugs to the kiddos!
Jess and Joe

Julie said...

Shane -

Thank you so much for such a sweet post!!! I loved seeing Kaylee. I had an absolutely wonderful weekend but I missed you guys very much. Thank you for being such a great daddy this weekend and always!!

Love,
me :o)

Anonymous said...

Kaylee did awesome! I'm so proud of her. I'm also proud of you and your video skills! You followed her exactly. I hope Julie had an awesome weekend, but I know you guys will be glad to have her back. Can't wait to see you guys in December!

Busy momma said...

IMPRESSED!! I can not even begin to imagine Coach Spencer posting on my blog- he would think I was crazy if I asked and wanted to even show him how!! Great job, Shane :)

Polly & Steve said...

I enjoyed this video so much! It really made my day. What part of Texas is your wife from? Although we are from Alabama we lived outside of Dallas for 8 years, and I miss it! I was a cheerleader growing up and now that I am 60 I wish I could still do that stuff! (smile)
Polly and Steve

Julie said...

I am from San Antonio. I have been in Birmingham now for 10 years. It has gone by really fast. Thanks for reading my blog. ;o)