CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm a Jersey Girl

At least for the next couple of days. We got to NJ late last night and so far I only have one funny story. After George picked us up from the airport I wanted to stop at Dunkin Donuts for a snack. I ordered munchkins and a large coke....... The man looked at me like I was absolutely crazy. I repeated it and he asked me if I was talking about calories?! I thought maybe he just didn't understand my "southern accent", so I asked George what they call cokes. After several minutes of confusion we realized the little man was confused because they don't sell fountain drinks. I settled for chocolate milk and then we were on our way.

We are just hanging out at George and Liane's house today. They are crazy enough to have all 10 of us "out of towners" stay at their house (which is beautiful by the way). We are cooking out tonight and just catching up.

Tomorrow the Newark FBI office is hosting a Memorial golf tournament for Jeremy. Over 120 law enforcement officers, special agents and supporters will come together to show their support. I know it will be a tough day full of emotions and I ask that you pray for TK, Cole and Jeremy's family.

Saturday morning we are headed to NYC. I am very excited. Since shopping is my passion (or addiction), I will be spending most of my time on 5th Avenue. TK will be spreading some of Jeremy's ashes in a special undisclosed location.

All in all it will be a crazy and emotional weekend....but definitely a memorable one. :o)

3 comments:

Busy momma said...

I hope you all have a super fun and safe trip. If I could, I would be there with you!! I said a prayer for you all today....that through all of the activities of the trip God's name will be glorified :) Love to everyone...even those I don't know so well just because they love TK and her boy so much!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a fun time shopping in NYC. I wish I was there to shop with you! Have a safe trip and I'll talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you couldn't even get a soda pop with your doughnuts!! I guess I wouldn't make a very good yankee!! I hope your grandfather is doing okay. Have a safe trip home. Lindsey